Welcome back to the Coffee Cafe. Hopefully, this isn't your first time joining me; but if it is, let tell you what it's all about. This is a weekly post in which I highlight the things I've loved the most around the blogosphere, the interwebz, Pinterest and Instagram etc. The format is always the same: 4 recipes, 3 crafts, 2 parenting articles, and 1 picture or quote to wrap it all up. Ready? Great! Grab your coffee and a comfy seat and let's get started!
1. Parmesan Crusted Tilapia. I don't think I've featured a seafood recipe yet in the Coffee Cafe; and this one looks the perfect one with which to start. I love the look of the golden crunch and yet it still looks simple and del
icate as well. A great healthy dinner for a warm spring night full of protein to replenish you after a work out or run.
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle So now that we've talked about the healthy recipe for the day, let's just jump right to dessert, shall we?! This chocolate chip cookie brittle is just begging for me to make it...which I fully intend to do very soon! I love treats that are just easy and fun to make that you can
just tear apart like these and throw into a container and call it good!
3. Creamy Sun Dried Tomato and Parmesan Chicken Pasta (zoodles) I just want to make this...and then I want to just grab a big ol' plate of it and a nice glass of wine and curl up on the sofa and binge watch something! That sauce looks good enough to swim in....like seriously!
4. Tropical Rum Punch Since it's Memorial Day weekend here in the US, I thought I'd close out this week's recipe round up with a fun summer cocktail! No doubt many of you will be entertaining and gathering around the grills and back yard decks and pools and this drink just looks like a great start to summer, doesn't it?! So, go ahead and fix yourself one and then sit back and soak up the sun!
1. The black and white striped background around the beautiful coral colored flower of this card by Jessica over at Crafty Jessica really caught my eye! I just think the two elements together create a striking image; and the flower is colored so beautifully. The gold border along with gold sequins works great as well.
2. With summer wedding season approaching, no doubt many brides are currently in the throes of planning not only for the ceremony; but also for the receptions and parties afterward. Yes, the happy day is always about the loving couple starting their journey in life together. This, however, may not be an easy concept to explain to the kids that are in attendance! If you're a parent, you understand this. You understand that really if your child is under the age of 6, and it's not about them, then...well, in their minds, it's just boring! So, what's the answer? Simple...give them something to do. Make them feel like they are part of the festivities. These adorable little crafty kits with some small candy treats featured over at Wedding Day Dreams are simple, elegant and such a fantastic idea! It's a win-win situation. Kids are happy, moms are happy and the happy couple is able to stay in their well-deserved bubble of bliss!
3. Sometimes simple is best. This "Happy Birthday" card from Francine is just adorable. I love the little bottle cap dies! I mean, how fun are those?! The white card base with the bright summer colors just creates such a fun card!
1. I've long been a believer in routine and structure for children, especially at a younger age. I believe it is a great way to teach time-management skills, organization, and that it guides them to a sense of accomplishment. It is important to find a balance, of course. Having a routine doesn't mean not having fun! With summer vacation either already started or right around the corner for many, having a summer schedule and routine with your youngsters can just make the days so much more pleasant! Jenny over at "Good Things Realized" provides some great idea for Creating A Summer Schedule for your Kids. It does take some planning; but the rewards and return on that planning can really teach valuable lessons and keep everyone happy until August!
2. I love this list of 66 Positive Things to Say to Your Child from Pop Sugar. It doesn't cost a thing to make your child feel loved, to feel valued, accepted and important!
Finally, I leave you with this beautiful ocean picture taken by Yhun Suarez
Have a great holiday weekend everyone and enjoy your week as well!