Here today with a new version of Saturday Morning Coffee Cafe. In the past when I've done this post, it's been really long and time consuming to put together. After a little thought and planning, I decided to follow a structure of 4, 3, 2, 1. Four recipes that I either tried or piqued my interest around the blogosphere, and interweb. 3 crafts, 2 parenting related blog posts or articles and 1 quote or picture of the week. So, ready? Grab your coffee and let's get started!
1. Turkey Salisbury Steaks--recently my daughter and I have made the move to cut out red meat and pork from our diet. We're not quite ready to go completely vegetarian, however, so we're still eating turkey, chicken and fish. It's hard to find good ground turkey recipes to take the place of some of our more well-liked beef dishes. We tried this dish and were very pleased with the results. It was easy to make for a simple week-night meal!
2. Ravioli Lasagna--throw this dish together with 3 simple ingredients in a disposable foil pan and it is the easiest dish ever for a busy weeknight!
3. Cheesy leftover mashed potato pancakes--I have leftover potatoes in my refrigerator waiting to be used in this recipe. I hope it turns out as good as it looks, because I don't know about you; but I ALWAYS have leftover mashed potatoes!
4. Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes--There is a batch of these on my kitchen table as I type this. SO GOOD!! The cupcakes are super moist and yummy. And the frosting?! Say what?! Guys, this frosting is SO delicious, it's ridiculous! You should just make these...that is all!
1. This beautiful card from Jo over at Boots Blog. Such a soft and warm card for the slowly but perhaps surely to come warmer weather!
2. This framed art piece by Varada is just so pretty! I love when crafters do something unique with card-making supplies!
2. One of my favorite crafty people to follow on Instagram is KreativeKristie. I think her work is just amazing. It's so elegant in its simplicity and design, you just kinda want to keep looking at everything she does over and over again! I love all her work; but this beautiful card really caught my eye this week!
1. Buzz Feed has put together this awesome list of 26 ways to preserve your child's memories. I think so many on this list are fabulous; but my favorite is the "Quotable Kid" book. My children are forever saying the whackiest things and I find myself hoping I won't forget them as they get older and more importantly as I get older!
2. This article from Anxious Toddler talking about the 4 C's of parenting is such a great perspective on parenting; and one that I totally agree with. Give it a read, you'll be glad you did!
Finally, we'll wrap it up with a simple but so very true quote. Sometimes it's easy to get wrapped up in the busy, chaotic pace of life. Take a minute, slow down and just enjoy it! Enjoy the rest of your weekend; and I'll see you on Monday!