Good Morning Everyone!
I hope you all had a great week. Mine was actually pretty uneventful, which is perfectly fine with me! Anyhow, welcome back to the cafe this week. For those who are new, the Coffee Cafe is a weekly post in which I share 4 recipes, 3 crafts, 2 parenting articles and 1 pretty picture or quote that have inspired me or caught my attention around the interwebz during the past week.
Ready? Great! Grab your coffee or beverage of choice and let's get started!
1. DIY Easy Spice Blends. Although this isn't a recipe, per say...I do think it is a very handy guide to have in your kitchen! Most of the spices used to make the combinations are ones probably already in your cupboard too!
2. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes. If you were a child of the 70's and 80's and a college student of the 90's like I was, chances are cookie dough was pretty close to being an actual food group! The best thing EVER was when Pilsbury put it in a package already made and you could just take a spoon and eat it!! Now, of course, we all have to be responsible grown ups and make sure our children aren't poisoned by salmonella etc. Thank goodness people like Cheryl over at Tidymom.net have great recipes like these cupcakes to help us miss the the real dough a little less!
3. Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos: This recipe from Jenna over at Recipe Diaries looks like a wonderful and easy weeknight meal that everyone will love! Who doesn't love anything that has Buffalo Chicken in it! I can't wait to give this a try soon!
4. Cheeseburger Gnocchi: I have shared recipes from Keving and Amanda before and I've always loved them! I think this Cheeseburger Gnocchi is going to be another winner for sure! It looks like warm and comfort and deliciousness all in one big bowl! Can't go wrong with this one for sure!
1. Kindness: The bold, rich and vibrant ink blending on this card from Lydia took my breath away! You should just take a few minutes and stare quietly at it. It'll make your day so happy!
2. Easy to Make DIY Gifts: This is a great list of fun and mostly easy DIY gifts to inspire your next crafty project! I especially like this photo collage monogram!
3. Friends: this card from Crystal is more beautiful than I can really put into words! I love the crisp clean white with the colorful gingham patterns behind the outline flowers. I just heart this so much!
1. Google Dad Day Off. If you haven't seen this super adorable letter from the little girl asking Google to give her dad a day off from work, you have missed quite possibly the sweetest thing EVER! (Or at least...this week!)
2. Lessons for Our Sons: Last week I shared an article meant for daughters. This week, I thought I'd do the same for our sons. I love this list from "Been Bitten" So many simple and great points. Honestly, #26 is probably my favorite! Cause if you have boys...you know that putting things in simple terms like this can be the most effective way to ensure productivity!
That is it for me! I ran out of time this week and unfortunately did not have a chance to find a picture or a quote to end our time this week.
Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday with a new card to start the week (or maybe tomorrow...)