So I decided to start a new feature on the blog each Saturday to recap some of my favorite findings around the blogosphere from the past week. These could be recipes, parenting tips, crafts, interesting news stories. There's really no rhyme or reason to them. So grab your coffee or warm beverage of choice, curl up in your favorite place and let's see what's been happening this week!
- As a busy mom of three kids with widely varying likes and dislikes as it relates to food, I'm always on the lookout for recipes to try that they would like to try. I consider it bonus points if it's something that is healthy and that they could possibly help make as well. My older son is always asking to help me make dinner; and I think this Mini Cheddar Meatloaf would be a great thing for us to do together.
- These Mini Tiramisu treats? Ummm yes please!!
- I've made cinnamon tortilla chips in the oven before; but never thought about making French Toast Crisps! This is also on my must try list for the week.
The world is still full of bad news, drug dealers; and terrorists, unfortunately. There are however, always bright spots to be found in humanity as well.
- The story about the police officers who donated the car seat to the woman with a baby on her lap instead of issuing her a citation? Restores faith in human kindness, doesn't it?
- We all heard the story about the mom who issued the apology on Facebook about her daughters' disrespectful behavior at a movie theater. THAT is parenting done right, kids!
- Did you see the letter from the woman thanking the pilots for flying her home safely? Never underestimate the power of saying thank you, because it's what keeps people wanting to do what they love doing.
- Mynn's creations on her blog, On a Stampage are just...*sigh* I had a hard time picking one, so I'm just linking her entire page. Go visit her...you'll thank me.
- I couldn't stop looking at this delightful window card scene over at "ABC- Art, Bellydancing and Cards"
- This card about using "All the Crayons" had the best sentiment! Such a true quote, isn't it?!
- Being a SAHM is tough sometimes; but definitely rewarding as well. Bonni gives great advice in this letter to her son as he and his wife begin their parenting adventures
Finally a couple of (even more) random thoughts:
- Chocolate might be the ultimate brain food? I support this theory....like 100%
- Ancient medical remedy works against modern bacteria. It's not always about super technology, kids!
- Mad Men returns on Sunday. Are you watching? I'm kinda over it. Honestly...it's been too long.
Until next time...
Hi, Dori! Thank you SO MUCH for the shout out! You are so sweet to do this and to share my blog! I am now following you on Google+ and have liked your Facebook page, so I hope to stay in touch with you! HUGS and happy Easter, friend! :) Mynn xx
Cinnamon tortilla chips sounds yummy. I like the creativity and rest of post.
Post a Comment