Welcome back to Coffee House Sunday. Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there! I hope you have a wonderful day! Shall we see what's been happening this week? Great! Grab your coffee, get comfortable and we'll get started!
- Normally, I try to stay away from the "headline/mainstream" news articles for Coffee House Sunday; but this Amazon buyout of Whole Foods news is just too huge not to mention!
- Speaking of grocery stores, do you know how to choose the right melon? Or are you like me and just stand at the melon bins in the produce section thumping and smelling melons pretending like you know what you're doing?!
- Antibiotics and Vitamin C apparently are the new Batman and Robin super fighting duo to battle cancer!
- I'm not a liquor drinker per say, except for the occasional cocktail on a weekend; but for those who enjoy a nice whiskey or scotch, you can rejoice a little because a nightcap might actually be good for you!
- You could enjoy your nightcap while you stay the night in a new Hyperloop Hotel!
- Right now, the Hyperloop Hotel is only set to be in major cities should it come to fruiton; but I think it should take you to this island where you can cuddle rescue puppies all day!
- Speaking of our furry four-legged family members, be aware of this highly contagious dog flu that is spreading across the southeast. Take care of your pets!
- The feel good story of the week is this one about the restaurant staffed by servers who suffer from Alzheimer's or some form of dementia
- The "Kick-Ass Mom" award this week goes to this mom for calling out a group of cruel teens at a Target store.
- As parents, it's often automatic for us to say all we want is for our kids to be happy; but is this a misguided notion?
I hope your Sunday is great!