I hope you all had a fun and fabulous weekend. Ours was quiet but good. I have a recipe for the BEST...and that really is no exaggeration...lemon cake EVER. Now, I must give credit where credit is due, my wonderful sister in law, Jennifer shared this recipe with me and now I am sharing it with you.
-- 2 1/2 cups flour
-- 2 Cups Sugar
-- 1/2 tsp salt
-- 1/2 tsp soda
-- grated lemon peel about 1 tsp or a little more
-- 1 tsp Vanilla
-- 1 Cup butter softened
-- 1 8oz carton sour cream or plain Greek Yogurt
-- 3 eggs
-- Powdered Sugar
-- Lemon Juice (personal preference to taste)
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. There is no need to cream the butter and sugar before you add the other ingredients.
2. Blend at low speed until all the ingredients are incorporated.
3. Then beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. This is an important step as it will allow the cake to be very light and fluffy.
4. Pour into a greased tube pan and back at 325 for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (While the cake is cooking prepare the glaze. There is not really a recipe for this...I started with about 1 cup of powdered sugar and 2tsp of lemon juice and just adjusted until I got the flavor and consistency I wanted)
5. Let stand for 10 minutes and then if your pan comes apart, go ahead and separate the pieces. (just remember the top of the cake is on the bottom, so you'll need to flip it over) While the cake is still warm, use a toothpick or skewer to poke holes in the top of the cake and then pour the glaze over the top of the cake. The icing will fall down the sides of the cake and into the center as well adding to the lemony goodness!
Sharing today's recipe with my favorite Monday Linky Parties:
Have a great day, everyone! Thanks for visiting with me and I'll see you again soon!
I love that you made this cake from scratch! Looks so delicious!
I love lemon cakes, always beautiful and refreshing. Looks delish!!
Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning.
Post a Comment