I am a "To Do" list kind of person...I even bought a brand new Erin Condren life planner to help organize my list of "To Dos" However, it seems that as of late, I am not accomplishing very much on my list; and yet somehow I manage to be busy ALL DAY! This is amazing to me, since I'm up usually by 6:30 on the weekends and even earlier during the week. WHERE IS MY TIME GOING??!? It seems as though I just keep pushing my list down the "weekly row" of my planner. I decided it was time for deep analysis of why that is.
1. Today...maybe I'll go to the gym. Yes, yes I will. I will leave by 8:30 and go, so there's really no point in me starting something if I just have to leave, right?! Wait...what?! It's 11:00am already. Huh?!
2. Lattes Rule. For the record, given the choice between doing something domestic such as laundry, dishes or vacuuming and going to Starbucks for my Grande Non-Fat Latte....guess which one I'll choose?!
Trust me, my gold card status is in NO danger of expiring!
3. Mom Duties: Even when I have carefully planned my day to accomplish a list of objectives, it never seems to fail that it is on these days that one of my children forgets something and I am in the vehicle running a pair of shoes to a school for PE, or a forgotten laptop or a permission slip that wasn't signed. And then well, we're almost out of milk and I should go by and get the dry cleaning....Oh wait...there's Starbucks! Before you know it, my 15 minute trip to a school has turned into a two hour trip around town!
4. The Life of a Wife: My husband has a freer schedule than normal at the moment, which means we end up spending a lot of time making unexpected trips out for lunch and shopping. Sigh, the pressures of being a well-loved wife of a pretty awesome man...it's REALLY hard work, y'all!! (Insert big smiling face emoji, right here!!) To do list be damned....
5. Little League Baseball: 2 boys playing on 2 different teams with 2 different schedules of games and practices. No explanation required!
Sometimes, I don't even have to leave the house to fail my "to do" list:
6. Total TV Junkie: I realize I have about 15 TV shows and episodes from this past week that I want to catch up on; and well, with coffee in hand, it's so much easier to sit on the couch after the school bus leaves. I swear I'm only going to watch one show; but you know Hulu just rolls to the next show. Clearly, therefore...it is NOT my fault!
7. My "Four Legged" Son: I'm pretty sure the dog is lonely...I really should lay on the floor and cuddle with him. These are the things that truly matter, after all.
8. Vitamin D, Wine and Books: The weather is beautiful, I should really take advantage of the chance to get some Vitamin D by sitting outside....with a glass of wine and my book...which I'm really behind in reading.
9. Baking Mom Extraordinaire: We have nothing sweet in the house for treats after supper...clearly I NEED to bake some cookies, or maybe brownies... oooh...maybe cupcakes!
10. Another Game...Another Turn: I really should catch up on my Words with Friends games, after all there are people depending upon me! And surely it's been a while since I've checked in with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram?!
So much to do...oh well...tomorrow is another day, after all!
1. Under the Big Top Act 13
2. Manic Monday
3. Let's Be Friends Blog Hop