I hope you have all had a good week. I have had two little boys sick; but finally on the mend and back to school! I also don't think my "Mom Superpowers" worked very well as I am now not feeling the best now either. So, just a quick post to share my project for today.
I wanted to create another "non-card" project and I saw this cute little "Box Card" over on Splitcoaststampers; and I LOVED it! You can find the complete step by step instructions with pictures (and a video) here.
I learned a couple of things when doing this project:
1) Practice first on a spare piece of paper, just to get the feel of things. I ended up wasting a few sheets of paper :(
2) Use thin paper...thin thin thin...thicker card stock will not fold as easily and this is a project that has a lot of folding in it! Now, I don't have a lot of thin patterned paper, so I found some OLD Stampin Up paper in my stash and used that.
I love that this project folds flat and you can put it in an envelope. However, if you wanted to put something inside it and still fold it flat, you would have to put something flat in it as well. I think if I were to give these as gifts I would probably put one or two little Ghiradelli squares inside of it.
That is all for me today. Enjoy your weekend, everyone and I'll see you on Monday!
1. CRAFT Challenge: inspired by a film (I chose Treasure Island because of the sentiment in the box and the fact that I can put pieces of chocolate (Ghiradelli) chocolate inside.
2. Scrap and Craft Challenge: Flowers
3. Add a Little Dazzle: Anything goes with an option of spring. (Note: this is my first time playing this challenge; and I couldn't get the rules page to pull up...so I hope my entry is ok.)
4. Crafting for all Seasons: Pastel Hues
5. Crafty Creations Challenges: Chevrons or Stripes
6. Crafty Girls Corner: Anything Goes
7. Simply Create Too: Anything Goes
8. Simply Papercraft: Anything Goes