This recipe is for Chocolate Oatmeal Bars. They are so warm, so moist and chocolatey and so delicious!
As you can see by the photos today I had a little helper making this recipe. He approved of the final product as well!
Ok, for those who have decided to stay with me, here is the recipe! I am not, however, responsible for any inability to only eat one!
1 cup butter softened
2 cups Brown Sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 Cups Flour
3 cups Quick Cook rolled oats
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
2 tsps vanilla
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 and line a 15x10x1 pan with parchment paper.
1. Set aside 2 tbsps of butter. Put the remaining butter in large bowl of electric mixer on high speed 30 secs. Add the brown sugar and baking soda scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
2. Beat in the eggs and 2 tsps of vanilla until combined. Beat in as much flour as you can and then stir in the rest. Stir in the oats.
3. Spread about 2/3rds of the oat mixture into bottom of pan, spreading and working it to form an even layer on the bottom with a little ridge for side crusts as well.
2. Spread chocolate filling evenly over oat mixture crust in pan
3. Use your fingers to work remaining oat mixture into flat pieces of various sizes and then put them along top of filling. (It will not cover all of it.)
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until oat mixture starts to look golden brown.
cool completely on wire rack before cutting.
That is all for me today. I'm taking the weekend off; but I'll be back on Monday! Have a great weekend. Thanks for visiting me and until next time....