Well, I decided to change things up a bit this morning and share a quick recipe with you. I made this yummy dish last night for supper and thought I would post it in case anyone was looking for a nice easy romantic supper for tonight. I enjoyed this with a nice Pinot Grigio wine that I had as well. If the hubs was home, I would have made a salad and bread as well...but he's not, so I didn't! Haha!!
I make a lot of these types of pasta dishes. They are easy and very versatile. You can use just about any ingredients you have on hand and make a different and delicious dish every time!
--Chicken Strips (I used the Tyson grill ready kind....it saved a BUNCH of time! If you use regular chicken...just adjust the recipe for cooking purposes.)
--1/2 onion chopped
-- 4 or 5 strips bacon (I use plain ol' everyday pork bacon...so I can't attest to how it would taste with turkey bacon)
--3/4-1 jar of Alfredo Sauce
--3 cloves of garlic minced
--1/2 box chopped frozen spinach (I find a whole box is just too much)
--1/2 box short pasta (penne, shells, ziti...whatever you have on hand)
--Put the water on and start cooking the pasta according to directions (just a little less than al dente)
1. Cut the bacon into pieces and fry until crispy and remove from pan. (If you are cooking chicken add it to the pan and cook once you remove the bacon...and then remove also once it's finished)
2. Lower the heat a little and add the chopped onion. Once the onion has softened, add the garlic and let cook for a few more minutes. Season with a SMALL amount of salt, some pepper and if you like, a little dash of red pepper flakes.
3.(Optional) add a couple of turns of white wine around the pan and let reduce until the liquid is just about all gone
4. Add the spinach and cook for a few minutes.
5. Return the chicken and bacon back to the pan
6. Add the Pasta sauce. (Note: when I made this, I knew I didn't want to make a lot, so I only used the 1/2 box of pasta and about 3/4 of a jar of sauce. Adjust this according to how much you are going to make)
7. Add a handful of feta cheese
8. Stir everything together. Now, at this point your pasta should already be cooking as well. Take a ladle full of the pasta water and slowly stir it into the sauce mixture
9. Drain the pasta and then add it to the sauce and gently combine it together.
Enjoy and if you get a chance, let me know what you think about this recipe!